Breaking News

I am inspired by the example and value King TJT Princewill brought to leadership—Peterside


Dr. Dakuku Peterside, governorship candidate of the All Progressives
Congress, APC in Rivers State has described the values espoused by
King TJT Princewill, the Amayanabo of Kalabari Kingdom as the
inspiration for his quest for higher service to the people of Rivers
State.

Peterside said this at the palace of the monarch in Buguma during a
courtesy call on the king and traditional chiefs of Kalabari kingdom.

“I am inspired by the things you believe in and the values you have
brought to leadership. The time you spent teaching us, you emphasised
that a leader is not worth anything if he or she does not represent
the values of love, unity, peace and justice for his people. I am
therefore proud that you groomed us in honesty, excellence and quest
for knowledge”.

Peterside commended the royal father for receiving him so warmly, even
at short notice. “I am a son in this house. It is only a son who does
not know his rights that will not know when to approach his father. I
know my right and I know when to approach my father.

“I am therefore here to seek your fatherly blessing. By next year,
your people will be electing a governor. One of the major political
parties, the All Progressives Congress, APC has given me their flag as
their candidate. But I resolved within myself that I will not accept
the challenge without seeking your fatherly blessing. If I have your
blessing, I will succeed. I am a son you raised properly and the
promise is that I will not disappoint you now that I have been given a
huge responsibility. You taught us not to run away from any fight that
will bring development and progress.



“As bearer of your vision, I will be going into this race pursuing the
unity and wellbeing of our people. I shall advance your dream and
vision for Rivers State where everybody will have a sense of
belonging, not where some people will be second class citizens. And we
must defend the values and convictions you hold dear”.

Peterside explained that a time like this requires serious
consultation with forthright and perceptive monarchs like King TJT
Princewill.

Responding, King Princewill said it would have been unthinkable to say
anything contrary. “You said I groomed you but you are not the only
one I groomed. President Jonathan, Governor Amaechi and others were
also my students. If any of you comes for blessing, I will say that
blessing was even granted before you came. But you must go to the
field and do your best. I want to request that we ensure a violence
free election. We in Buguma have seen violence, we don’t want to see
it again”.

The royal father blessed Peterside
and called on him to device means
of ensuring that the idle youths in his kingdom are fully engaged. “We
have a lot of problems among our youths. How do we get them engaged?
How can we make them not to be idle? he asked. He however called on
politicians across political parties to quickly address the festering
problem of intra party crisis. He warned that it will be
counter productive to encourage intra party factions. The royal father
therefore called on Peterside to continue being a good boy. “If you
want to remain my son, then you must continue to do the good you have
always done.”

No comments:

2012 Sobere Opusunju.. Powered by Blogger.